Answers might be here. If not, please get in touch.
1. Q: WHY BLUE LOTUS?
A. I love what the lotus flower represents: rebirth, transformation, life & death, beauty & purity. These flowers grow up out of muddy pond water and bloom into beautiful, colorful flowers. For me, naming my company after this flower is a symbol to help remind me of my own transformation and of my mission to help others grow no matter what the conditions of the pond happen to be.
And, blue happens to be my favorite color.
2. Q: IS THIS YOUR FULL-TIME JOB OR DO YOU DO SOMETHING ELSE?
A. Blue Lotus Fitness & Transformative Coaching is my company and it's what I focus all of my energy & effort on. I feel really lucky that I can follow my passions and that I don't have to have a side job or traditional office job like many trainers.
3. Q: What if I have never worked out before?
A. Good for you for deciding to start! We all have to start somewhere. You will want to make sure that you have the go ahead from your doctor to start an exercise program. If you are attending a bootcamp, please let me know you have never worked out before so I can help you get started and assist you with proper form. If you are doing personal training, I will work with you to develop a program appropriate for your fitness level.
4. Q: Does Strength & Wellness Training mean the instructor will be yelling at me?
A. No, I won't yell at you, but I will help motivate you to work hard so you get the most out of your workout! Here at BLF, I want you to have a positive, safe and fun experience. I always encourage you to listen to your body and go at your own pace.
5. Q: WHY CAN'T I REGISTER ONLINE WHEN IT'S CLOSE TO CLASS TIME?
A. Online registration for classes closes 2 hours before the class start time in order to give the instructor time to notify students of any changes, plan classes and bring appropriate equipment. If you forget to register ahead of time, this doesn't mean you cannot attend, but please send a text or call 808-371-8333 with your name etc. letting the instructor know you would like to come to class.
6. Q: HOW DO I AVOID HAVING TO FILL OUT A FORM EVERY TIME I REGISTER FOR A CLASS?
A. At the end of the registration process you can choose to create an account for all future sign-ups. See instructions page for further details.
7. Q: HOW DO I PURCHASE A MONTHLY Strength & Wellness PACKAGE?
A. You have 2 options from the sign up page.
- You can use the payinperson code to register for a class and bring your check/cash to your first class. Once you pay you will receive an email with a coupon code to use for the remainder of the month.
- Or you can purchase a package online. Please see the instructions page for further help on how to purchase a package online.
8. Q: WHAT IF SOMETHING COMES UP AND I CANNOT MAKE IT TO A CLASS I SIGNED UP FOR?
A. No problem. I know stuff comes up! Please just let me know as soon as possible - preferably 24-hours in advance. To cancel a class, locate your confirmation email and click through or log in online to view/change the classes you are registered for. If something comes up last minute, please give me a call or send a text to let mevknow you will not be in class. 808.371.8333
9. Q: What if I have an injury or cannot do certain exercises?
A. Please be sure to check with your doctor about starting or continuing with an exercise program if you have an injury. Ask your doctor or physical therapist what you can and cannot do. If you have been given the go ahead, please let me know about your limitations so I can give you appropriate modifications. Always listen to your body and stop if something doesn't feel right or hurts.
10. Q: WHERE WILL THE Personal TRAINING OR COACHING TAKE PLACE?
A. Most clients prefer to workout at home, inside or outside in a garage/carport/lanai or yard. However, BLF provides mobile training & coaching services and some clients prefer to meet at an outdoor space like the beach park. A place with ample space and few distractions is ideal. We will discuss this during the initial consultation.
11. Q: DO I NEED TO HAVE MY OWN EQUIPMENT (WEIGHTS, ETC.) FOR Personal TRAINING?
A. No, I will provide equipment for your training sessions. If you have your own equipment that you would like to use or incorporate into your training sessions please let me know during the consultation.
12. Q: How do I get started?
A. Sign up or contact me! I cannot wait to begin this journey with you.